All of us want to travel and most of us want to share our travel stories with friends and family. The stories happen over dinner table, over morning cup of tea or even during the commute to office. Those beautiful sights on our last trip to Himalayas or the fun we had at Goa are always waiting to be unfolded on the first opportunity we get and the satisfaction which comes in the form of oohs, and aahs make our day. After all, we live for each other and happy experience are meant to spread further and farther.
At Ghumakkar, we try hard to make the whole process easier and while we try our best to provide you an easy way to keyboard them, its never easy enough. Looking at an unfinished story amid drafts by a fellow author is not at all a rare sight and that is what prompted us to think hard on what can we do more. Most often, its the pictures but then there are a ton of other things like putting the right categories, marking the destination on the map, inserting the “more” tag, writing your bio and the list goes on. All of this is what we call as the ‘necessary tax’ and this allows your story to look best, categories allow visitors to find your story in a structured way and the map-location tells them easily on where that place is.
Without any further ado, let me come to the point. At Ghumakkar, what we ask you is just a simple email having the story and our editors would do the rest for you. This helps you to entirely focus on what you do best, that is weave your magical travel experiences and leave all the housekeeping to us.
This has been in operation for a while but we thought that we would write a small step-by-step tutorial so that the story goes on production as quickly as possible.
Here is what you need to do
1. Write your story in a notepad or MS word or any editor. Notepad works best.
2. Pick your photos, we prefer less than 10 but you decide and then resize them to 640 X 480. You can refer following instructions to resize them.
If doing above mean too much hassle, then just skip this step. We would resize your big pictures.
3. Now number your photos as 1.jpg, 2.jpg and so on.
4. Go back to your story which you have written in notepad and then put markers like 1.jpg, 2.jpg to the places where you would want these photos to be. After the number, please write a small caption for each photo.
We went to Goa and what fun we had …………
caption – xyz Beach
5. And finally send the notepad and the jpg files to either at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org
One of us would promptly get back to you as you story gets done. Simple.