So Indian E-commerce continues to explode. You would have noticed the news around Flipkart and Myntra wedding (ok, consolidation). The Private Equity (PE) market did see this as a way to show some progress on individual balance sheets since both Tiger and Accel hold significant stake in both companies. But all said, Flipkart continues to do a brisk business, and hopefully some day all the key investors would make a lot of money.
I recently read two surveys and thought that I would present a bulleted list of key highlights and also some cool info graphics.
1. First one is from YourStory.com and Kalaari Capital. YourStory is a news/content side around entrepreneurial stuff, led by Shradha Sharma. ‘Kalaari Capital‘ is a VC firm (160 MN, Bangalore).
2. Second source is from the 2nd edition of Cashkaro Online Shopping Trends.
Time for key highlights.
1. Doing your first purchase. Trend over years, main hurdles, what you buy and what helps.
2. Safe to buy online ?, How often you shop ? and how do you discover products.
3. Mobile for e-commerce
4. Price and Quality are two top criteria for buying online.
5. Average spend and category wise break-up
6. And finally, the role of ‘Cashback’ and ‘Coupons’
That was a quick round-up. Please note that surveys never give us exact data but they do give us the sentiments and the theme. Hope it was useful.